You extend your grimy hand and touch the dusty folder very, very carefully. Nothing appears to be happening but from between the aged pages the long lost game file emits a squirmy, impatient kind of sound that tickles your ears. You pull your hand back and lean away from the desk in awe. A fat ugly fingerprint is now visible on the filthy folder and you feel strangely uplifted by the sight. Under the desk, at your feet, the 486DX slowly grinds away its ancient memory modules.
You can get out of this scary place to the north and a broken staircase leads up and into dusky sunlight. The clock keeps moving counter-clockwise on top of the pile of eighties paraphernalia, ticking softly.
Admin speaks March 19 2014JennyK just checking in.
- Sundered – Developing the game – From World building to conversation – Interactive Fiction Creation (5/25/2016) - Sundered – The Game – Creation of. An interactive not quite steampunk Interaction Play Sundered in your browser! (Opens in new window.) There are no downloads for the work in progress. At time of Alpha testing, files will be made available. Sundered – The concept It all started in the fall of 2015. This Sundered … Continue reading Sundered – Developing the game – From World building to conversation – Interactive Fiction Creation
- Gideon – a kitchen quest — Interactive adventure (3/7/2013) - Gideon – A kitchen quest Can you save Teddy? A nightmare mother, a beloved toy bear, Pea soup for supper; what else could you ask for? this is a beta version. If anyone feels like doing some beta testing on this; feel free to contact me. I’ll work on it, if and when I feel … Continue reading Gideon – a kitchen quest — Interactive adventure
- Trust – a game in the making – (1/21/2013) - Trust – and interactive thriller I have started. Soon we will be able to meet Ivan. Bits and pieces of Ivan, snippets and thoughts about Ivan an how he comes to be. Right now, the game is very slowly coming together in my mind so it’s not going to be a quick process. Six months … Continue reading Trust – a game in the making –
- Crystal and stone, beetle and bone — available once more. (1/18/2013) - Crystal and stone, beetle and bone An interactive not quite fantasy. Updated! Play this game in your browser! (Opens in new window.) Note: If you use a screenreader, allow a couple of seconds after pushing enter on your command. It seems as if being too fast on the cursor keys moves focus away from where … Continue reading Crystal and stone, beetle and bone — available once more.
- Back to obsession – Interactive fiction — It’s pitch dark in here. (1/18/2013) - Studio Chaotic, a dark corridor It is pitch dark in here. Or is it? No, you see something; there is a flickering light ahead, growing brighter for each step. Listen. A rustling, an offbeat percussion, a disharmonic pan flute. Smell. Your nostrils flare, mouth crumples in disgust from the sour cold stink of fear, your … Continue reading Back to obsession – Interactive fiction — It’s pitch dark in here.
Interpreters, game creation and game downloads.
You will need an interpreter installed to be able to play any Interactive Fiction game.
There are of course more interpreters out there than what I’ve made available here but this is what I use. There are many sites out there that can give real information and plenty of downloads. I will not even try to fake it.
Interpreters I recommend:
Windows Frotz TTS 2002 (Text To Speech version)
Windows Frotz 2002